The following list are some of our favorites in the Beaufort area. I
know we missed many we like and there are plenty of options to choose from
in the local papers.
The Ranch Steakhouse, 1430 Ribault Road, Port Royal - Run by
Christine and Gary who used to run the Lady's Island Country Club
restaurant where we live. This is a great casual steakhouse with reasonable
prices. They serve peanuts at the bar and in the lounge where you can feel
free to throw the shells on the floor. Tell them Harry and Karen Patterson
The Dockside, 1699 11th St. Port Royal - A fantastic seafood and
steak restaurant right on the riverfront next to the Shrimp Boats. Large
portions and reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere. The Dockside Special
is more seafood than most can eat at two meals. Go early or wait long. Tell
them USAescape.com sent you.
The Beaufort Inn, 809 Port Republic, Beaufort - If you are
looking for High-end fine dining at it's best, the Beaufort Inn provides
the perfect atmosphere and service. Try their Flights of Wine where you can
try 3 different wines for the price of one. Ask for the General Manager,
David Boyd and tell him Harry Patterson sent you.
The Upper Crust, Highway 21 just over the Beaufort Bridge on the
Lady's island side - Great regular and unusual pizza (my son loves the
White Alfredo Seafood Pizza). The owners (David and MaryAnn) come from Pittsburgh so wear your
Steelers Hat if you have it. They also own Luther's Steakhouse where
you can sit by Waterfront Park and enjoy casual dining. Tell them Harry,
Karen and Drew Patterson sent you.
Our List of Bests
- Best Breakfast - Blackstones, 205 Scott St. just off Bay
- Best Lunch - Magnolia Bakery Cafe and Gift Gallery - you'll
love the Chicken Salad Dijon or anything else on the menu. Tell the
owners Jean and Dana that their Chamber After Hours friends Harry and
Karen sent you.
- Best Waterfront Lunch - The Back Porch Grill at the marina
in Port Royal near the new bridge.
- Best Chinese Takeout - Peking Gourmet, 10 Sams Point Road,
Lady's Island next to Food Lion
- Best Chinese Buffet - China Imperial, 1370 Ribault rd, Port
- Best BBQ - Big Joes Bar-B-Q, 780 D Paris Island Gateway,
Port Royal, near Shell Point
- Best Well Known - Outback Steakhouse near K-Mart, consistent
- Best Golf Course Dining - British Open Pub, Cat Island
- Best Shrimp Burger - The Shrimp Shack, Rt. 21 near Harbor
and Fripp Island, about 20 minutes away
- Best Sushi - Saltus River Grill, 802 Bay Street - A new
fine dining restaurant, a little pricey, but Sushi and Martini's at
6:00 are hard to beat.
- Best Before the Movies - Beef O'Brady's, next to the
Beaufort Cinema, Great Wings, sandwiches and cold drinks at reasonable
Travel Options & Tools